Saturday, July 10, 2010

The Engine is Almost in

My brother has been making the mounts for the engine and he suggested that we hold of on the re-assembly of the transmission so that it would be easier to move around. That way he could weld the mounts onto the frame and get everything in the right position without having the added weight of the fully assembled transmission. 

Last weekend we installed the transfer case, moved the engine into position and installed the incomplete transmission.  My brother then welded the mounts into place.  I was not there to see it but I can't wait until I do.  I will add pictures soon.

3 comments:

  1. that's awesome. I've got the same thing going and just about to make the motor mounts. Let me know, or post pics, on how you did your mounts. I know there are several different ways. Also, where did you source your AC and alternator brackets?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got my the A/C bracket, alternator bracket, and water inlet off of ebay from the seller prairie700tg. He has an A/C bracket up on ebay right now. I bet he can get you everything else if you email him.

    I will post pics of the mounts soon. But if you follow this link:

    http://www.4btswaps.com/forum/showthread.php?26-Show-off-ur-motor-mounts./page5&s=449824f024046ef5a9016fdadf73ae6c

    and scroll half way down the page you will see the concept that I am using.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also, you can click on the Labels at the end of each post to take you to all related posts.

    ReplyDelete