Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Transmission to Transfer Case Adapter

Before the engine could be permanently installed I needed to know where everything would sit.  I could only do this with the adapter kit from Advanced Adapters 50-0224 (ordered from Poly Performance).  I ordered the kit but as luck would have it someone had ordered the last one the day before.  They said they had to make more, a process that they thought could take at least six weeks.  When I called a few weeks later they said it would be pushed out to mid-may. I decided to screw some 2x4's to the transmission and front part of the transfer case to represent the length of the new tail housing based on the 50-0224 manual.  With this setup my brother was able to rig up some temporary mounts with some scrap metal so that we could see roughly where the engine would sit.  Oh and the engine mounts I am using are ANCHOR Part # 2469.  I got the idea from the 4BT swaps site under the thread "show off ur mounts" (here). About half way down the page are the type of mount I am asking my brother to make (I don't know how to weld yet). I am reusing the old Toyota frame mounts as well.  

I would show pictures of the mounts but they are a little crude still and in need of some more grinding to make them post worthy.  I won't do that until I install the adapter kit.  

No comments:

Post a Comment